Thursday, March 31, 2011

Workout

Well folks, after talking about working out, planning to work out and buying a gym membership I finally went and did it last night.  My community was hosting a free fitness class at our local community house and after twisting my roommate and her friend's arm they went along with me.  To our surprise it was not so much a taught class, but more of an "instructor" putting in a video and the rest of us (including her) following along.  It was intense for me though.  My heart rate was up within 5 seconds and by the end of class I feared I might actually die of a heart attack.  

I felt good though.  After finally catching my breath and realizing that I am TOO FAT for life anymore I really want to shed this excess weight.  Life might be a little easier without the extra 70 lbs of fat I am holding onto.  Yes, I am hoping to make it to my gym tonight for another workout.  This time just on my own.  

After class the instructor brought out some of her shakes for us to try.  She is a Beachbody instructor which means she promotes many fitness videos and Shakeology.  I had heard of it once before but promised myself I would not get sucked in to buying a product as I have many times before.  However, i have to admit.  The shake was DELICIOUS.  The concept is to replace one meal with a shake to help in weight loss, keeping you regular, and dropping your cholesterol.  Our instructor not only let us sample it in class but she gave us a free packet to try at home.  I had mine for breakfast this morning and still agree its delicious.  I don't know if I could finish an entire serving in one setting, but I drank about half of it.

Cost of the Shakes are about $120 for 30 servings.  Most Shakeology users generally have 1 - 2 shakes daily, which can really add up in cost.  Is it worth it? Right now I can't financially afford to buy Shakeology but it definitely was delicious. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment