Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easy Slow Cooker Dinner

My new must buy of the week is William and Sonoma's sauces and starters.  I am obsessed with the options they have to offer from Indian food to sandwich spreads. Naturally, I thought I had to be a super chef to pull off using one of their ingredients, however, I have to say, I was pretty impressed.

This week when I had little motivation to cook, I decided to create a meal from what I had in my pantry. Although, this is not a brisket, it did make a sweet and savory beef dinner. 

Ingredients:
1 pkg egg noodles (cook as directed)
1 jar of W&S Brisket Starter
1 Pot Roast
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of beef broth
salt and pepper
olive oil

Cooking Instructions
On a piece of foil roll the pot roast in flour coating all sides.  

Sprinkle salt and pepper generously on the meat

In a saucepan pour enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan (don't go overboard).  

Place the floured beef into the saucepan. 

Pour 1/8 of a cup of beef broth in the bottom of the pan.

Stay close to the beef rotating it when one side is browned. (you do not want it to be burnt)

Once you have browned all sides equally transfer the beef into a crockpot.

Pour the remaining beef broth in on the meat. 

Top the meat with the entire jar of brisket starter on the beef.  

Cook on high for 5 hours in the crockpot.
Using a meat thermometer make sure the beef is thoroughly cooked.  

Remove the beef from the crockpot onto a cutting board.  

Your beef will easily fall apart,
however, gently shred up the meat and transfer back into the crockpot and sauce.  

Keep on warm until ready to serve

Cook the egg noodles as directed on the package (takes approximately 8-10 minutes)

To eat, fill a bowl with egg noodles and top with beef/sauce

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment