Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sleeping in the dark

I wanted to recap last night's realization.  

My room is dark. 

VERY DARK.  

I never noticed it before.  Mainly because I used to fall asleep with the TV on. On a normal night I bet I would have had trouble falling asleep to the silence.  The dark room filled with absolutely no sound.  However, last night I was beat.  I had done a full day and was so exhausted by the end.  

Run Down of my day 
(you should feel bad for me -- ;))

Woke up at 7:30 a.m.

Cleaned the kitchen

Threw a load of laundry in

Went to Party City, Dollar Tree (my favorite store), DSW, and Michaels.  
(Mind you, these stores are not located near each other 
so I basically drove all over Northern Virgina)

Tried to catch a food truck so that I could finally say I ate from a DC Food Truck 
(side note, I forgot my camera and the camera on my phone is broken so I have no images)

I went to a movie alone 
(I love doing this...especially when I need to clear my head)

Went to 7/11 and the gas station 
(Why is gas soooo expensive?)

Made some homemade bread (this takes 3 1/2 hours)

Made a home cooked meal

Folded the laundry from earlier

Cleaned my messy room

Made centerpieces for a bridal shower
(photos to come soon)

Caught up on emails

Visited with my roommate when she got home from work

Watched my TV shows

Ran to the bank and the grocery store

Layed in bed (without tv on) and only got through one chapter 
before I shut off the lights and went to bed.

Ok, you don't have to feel sorry for me.  It was actually a great day just to spend time with myself checking things off my to-do list.  I got so much done and felt so accomplished by the end of the day.  Sort of made me wish I worked from home or was a stay at home mom.

And at the end of the night it was great to fall asleep without the TV on.  I don't know if I could do it every night, but for this week I will.  6 more days of the challenge left!

No comments:

Post a Comment