Friday, March 11, 2011

30 before 30 (continued)

Last week I posted the first 15 items on my 30 before 30 list.  Because my list is pretty extensive I decided to split it into two parts.  Yes, I know I am only 26 and I have a few years before hitting the big 30, but some of these might take me a little bit to accomplish:

16. See a Pyramid.
 
I think the pyramids are fascinating and I would love to head to Egypt to explore them and see them up close.  With my already long list of places to travel adding in Egypt might be hard, but its worth adding to the list.  



17. Go Rock Climbing. Now that I am 26 and realize when I was 18 and crazy, 
I realized I will consider indoor rock climbing to count as well. 



18. Stay at an ICE Hotel.  I think these are only in Sweden right? I better start googling this tonight. 



19. Buy a new car.  
I have had the same car since I was 19 and I would really love to trade her in for a newer model before I turn 30.  I want to start fresh with keeping her clean and in top working condition. As much as I love my lady liberty, there will be a time to let her go.  



20. Become a master chef.   
Or at least become a master chef in my own kitchen.  I am practicing with this one.  



21. Learn how to ballroom dance.  
I am currently taking classes, and although I won't be heading to competitions in this lifetime.
I want to continue taking these yearly to brush up on my skills.



22. Learn how to make raviolis just like my grandmother.  
My grandmothers are the best chefs I know.  Since I was little I have always wanted to be like them in cooking the best Italian and Swedish dishes.  Before its too late I want to learn how to make their specialty dishes exactly like they make them.  



23. Learn Calligraphy.  
I have always loved the soft romantic curves of perfectly written notes and letters from the past.  I would love to learn how to write wedding invitations and love letters like the professionals. 



24. Put together my family tree. 
Now that I work at a place that allows me to research my family tree I should really put it to use.


25. Find out more about my grandparents childhood
Sometimes I forget to have conversations with my grandparents about their childhood.  I should take more time to finding out about their lives before children and grandchildren.  




26. Start a garden
I have always wanted to start growing herbs of my own and maybe even a few tomatoes.  Although I don't own a house yet I can start growing a few things on my back patio.



27. Learn How to Knit
I swear I am not 85, but I have always wanted to learn how to knit.  I even have the yarn and needles I just have never learned to to actually make something with them.  



28. Buy a sewing machine and put it to good use
I always have wondered how much money I would save if I could mend and make things with a sewing machine.  During high school I learned how to use one, but after so many years of not using it I would have to teach myself again.  


29. Read more Often (10-12 books a year)
I have never really enjoyed reading, and I recently joined a book club which forces me to utilize my library more often, however, I am still not reading as much as I would like each year.  I would really like to start improving this.



and number 30 is.....

30. Fall in Love.   
Although I have had my ups and down in the past, I want to learn how to really
love in the next few years and find out what it is to be loved back.




Well, although the 18 year old version of myself was a little less mature and often thought about high school basketball games more than my savings account, I am pretty proud of my 30 before 30 list.  

I better start working on checking off things today!


No comments:

Post a Comment