Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend with the parents

After a long week at work I was so excited to have my parents in town for the weekend. Although I saw them at Christmas, it had felt like an eternity since I had been with them. Seeing my mom and dad was the best feeling in the world.  I was like a kid on christmas morning the entire weekend.  It was so good to just be in their presence.  

Since they have been visiting me for over the past 4 years, it is starting to become difficult to find new and exciting activities for us to do while they are in down. After an exhausting week of events all I wanted to do was relax and spend time with the folks.  

Saturday we took advantage of the nice weather and went to the local driving range, Top Golf.  After losing two rounds to my oldest brother and father we headed back into the city to Founding Farmers, one of my favorite restaurants.  I convinced my mother to get the Chicken and Waffles and after a little resistance she was devouring her entire plate.


(photo courtesy of Citysearch)
sorry i realized after my plate was empty I should have taken a photo

Although I would have loved to take my parents out on the town for an night of drinking, we voted on renting a movie to end the perfect Saturday.  

I was so excited for Sunday morning because I had plans for us to stop by Ted's Bulletin in DC for their famous breakfast.  I had been hearing reviews about this place for a year and couldn't wait to try it out on my own.  

A few things to know about Ted's Bulletin before going:

 

1. The weekends are always crowded and they don't take reservations on Saturday and Sunday. ( we were told it was an hour wait, but we ended up only waiting approximately 30 minutes)

2. Brunch lines start building up around 9:30 am and don't die down until after noon.

3. They have homemade poptarts there that are TO DIE for

4.  Prices aren't too high and pretty reasonable for DC

5. Their old fashion decor, tvs and menus set the mood for this 1940s restaurant.

I was so excited to try the beer battered biscuits and gravy.  The sausage had an interesting kick of spice at the end which was a pleasant surprise.  I can't wait to go back and try their dinner menu! 


No comments:

Post a Comment