Tuesday, March 29, 2011

365 Things I Am Grateful For: Day #1

How many times have you taken something for granted? 

Every once in a while, I sit back and realize how many wonderful things I am surrounded by in my life.  However, on a day to day basis I begin to put those items in the back of my mind, and I find myself getting caught up with the hardships, problems, and bumpy roads life sometimes puts in front of me.  Despite my "bad days" or "challenges in life" I am thankful for some many things that life has given to me. 

In the beginning of the year I told myself that 2011 would be the year that I got my life back.  It would be a year of self reflecting, self renewal, and self awareness...  

Earlier this week, I put myself on the 52 weeks of change challenge, however, today I have decided to add another challenge in my life;   

365 days of Things I am Grateful For 


Each day, I will make a post of something that I am thankful for on that day. 

Is it possible that I can be thankful for a new thing each day? Is it ungrateful that I think I won't be able to find 365 things? Or will I surpass this challenge and post for another full year as well? As I said, this is the year for self awareness and self reflecting...however, its also the year for happiness, and reminding myself of the wonderful things in my life.

Day #1 : I am grateful for my family



I was blessed with an enormous Italian family on one side and a loving and close Swedish family on the other.  My family means the world to me.  I talk to my parents a few times a week. I email with one of my cousins on a daily basis.  I was blessed with three strong, successful, intelligent brothers, and one gorgeous, brilliant, and talented sister.  My parents are my world and have gone through thick and thin for me.  They have taught me how to be the woman I am today.  I am lucky to have gotten to spend 26 wonderful years with my grandparents and they have taught me what self-less acts are...and how to love.  My aunts and uncles are a huge part of my life and have been like second parents to me.  We are closer than most families and I wouldn't have it any other way.


What are you grateful for?

2 comments: