Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Its Tuesday and today I am copying fellow bloggers on the Ten on Tuesday Challenge.  The challenge involves answering a set of 10 questions about yourself.  Theme for this week is FOOD. 


1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?


Calamari.  I remember as a kid my family was always ordering it and since at the time I thought  I hated seafood I would never try it.  One night while out with the family, our meals were taking forever in the kitchen and all we had at the table was a plate of calamari and bread.  I decided that my stomach needed to be filled immediately and filled up my appetizer plate with a few rings of calamari.  It was heaven.  Since then, I have been in love with the appetizer, sometimes even ordering it for my meal.

2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?  


Rachael Ray's Magazine.  I am obsessed with it.  I have been a subscriber for years and always find myself riping pages from the magazine to put in my "food binder" I never want my subscriptions to end.

3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?


Garlic, Garlic, Garlic.  I would love to put Garlic in everything I make.  I can't live without it.  (sorry for the garlic breath)

4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?

Besides Calamari, I would have to say tomatoes.  I never liked tomatoes and am still a little hesitant about eating them, but have added them more and more to recopies that I am making.  

5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?


I absolutely love pumpkin flower.  My grandmother used to make these fried pancake looking items that were made from pumpkin flowers and they were to die for.  As soon as I began writing this post I immediately called up my grandmother for the recipe.  Its one of the things I will make this summer to remind me of my childhood.


6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?


I would  say that the pumpkin flower was the weirdest thing I have ever cooked with.

7. Do you have any major food allergies?


I actually do have food allergies to alot of foods.  Its surprising to most people because I still tend to eat those foods even though I know I have the allergy.  I have been better at limiting wheat, barley, potatoes, milk products etc.  However, my list of food allergies is longer than ones I am not allergic to, so I will save you from writing them all down.

8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?

I would love to cook a cornish hen.  I have Julia Child's cookbook but am intimidated to try many of the recipes.  I would love this year to make a meal with a cornish hen.  I know of my best friends has recently attempted it, so I should get up the courage to try it myself.  

9. Do you bake?


I do love to bake but I have to admit I am not much of a baker.  My best products thus far in baking have been cake pops.  I need to improve on my baking skills.

10.  If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?


I would love to go on Top Chef.  I have actually been a taster on Top Chef before, so I have been able to see the judges in real life, eat the food that the competitors have made during a restaurant war and experienced the TV reality show.  But I would love to be so good that I am on the show to compete.  

No comments:

Post a Comment