Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Serendipity: Chance Meetings

I really do feel like everything happens for a reason.  Last week I was back at my college for a presentation.  Although I graduated 5 years ago, the feeling I got on this campus the first day I stepped out of my mothers car, never seems to go away.  Its a feeling I receive each and every time I return to campus.

During this trip I was trying to cram multiple visits to old co-workers, professors and friends within my short time frame.  As I was crossing over through the lounge on my way to my presentation (yes unfortunately I was running a few minutes behind) I did a double take as an old classmate walked in the door.  He was someone who had been in love with a roommate of mine for years and tended to end up at the same parties me many times in the past.  It had been years since I had seen him but this time something was different.  I am not sure if it was the nerves for my upcoming presentation, or the fact I was caught off guard seeing him, but something came over me that left me on a natural high the rest of the weekend.  

He had always been such a bubbly personality and quite the catch for any single lady, but was never in a relationship.  I learned quickly in the two minute conversation we had, that he recently started working back at the college as a coach.  I immediately emailed my roommates to let them know of my chance encounter.  I had always hoped he would marry one of my girlfriends, and as they each slowly get married, I am slowly turning the page on that dream, however, something inside of me hopes that I run into him again in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment