Monday, April 25, 2011

Day #25 & Day #26: Things I am Grateful For

I am late on posts this weekend.  It was a jammed packed weekend of activities with friends, and because of that technology took a back seat.  Time to catch up on emails, blog posts, and life.

Saturday: Day #25: Today I am grateful
for bars by the water

I know, it sounds like a silly thing to be thankful for, however, after living in a city for the past 4 years you come to appreciate little "escapes" that allow you to unwind from the day.  Saturday, I subbed in on my friends' flag football team. It was such a beautiful day out and afterward we wanted to go somewhere to unwind and just enjoy each other's company.  In DC there is a bar down by the waterfront that sits on a dock by some of the boats in the harbor.  Sitting out on the dock sipping on a drink reminds you more of a vacation than being in a busy city.  It was the perfect way to relax with friends and enjoy the beautiful weather. 

Sunday: Day #26: Today I am grateful for my religion

I haven't been the best catholic lately.  So, I really can't talk much about religion but I did grow up in a catholic household.  Every Sunday we would go to church and every Wednesday until we were juniors we would attend CCD.  During college,  I tried to go to church but somehow partying, working, studying, and socializing seemed to get in the way.  (Immature I know...) Once I moved after college I somehow fell into the trend of not attending weekly.  There was no real good excuse why not to go, however, I never made an attempt to go each week.  Now that I have been out of college for years you would think I would have fallen back into the habit of attending weekly, but something inside of me hasn't forced myself to attend.  Yesterday, although I was extremely busy making Easter lunch for friends and really wanted to just sleep in after partying all night, I forced myself to get up and attend.  Duirng the middle of mass, I realized that I missed the weekly routine from my childhood.  I was proud of my catholicism and wanted to slowly start bringing it back into my life. I am happy my parents instilled the religion in our life and hope one day I can do the same for my kids.  For the time being, I just have to work on getting myself there and soon it will fall back into my normal routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment