Monday, April 11, 2011

Bongo Bongo!

This past weekend I did alot of traveling to and from Pennsylvania.  On Thursday night I traveled up to Hazleton, PA.  Friday morning, I was scheduled to speak at my university's communication's week and with DC traffic always crazy on Friday mornings I figured it would be best to split up the trip and travel up Thursday night.  

Being back on my college campus brought back so many memories.  It reminded me of walking to class on Monday mornings, staying late in the classrooms working on projects, hanging out at my then boyfriend's frat house, working long hours at my "part-time" job and most of all, remembering all of the people I met during those four years.  It reminded me that one simple decision such as the college I attended, shaped my life forever. 

If I hadn't attended that school, I would have never met the best friends I have today.  

I may have never decided to move to DC and start my career as an event planner. 
I would have never had memories of standing on study room tables preaching about making memories to my freshman classmates

I would have never met my college boyfriend, 
who, now just a friend, is there for me during good times and bad.

I would have never spent car rides with my girlfriends driving to another town for a tanning trip, followed by cigar smoking in the back seat.
I would have never learned that cafeteria trays do make great sleds and shovels during the snowy months.

I may have never learned the ins and outs of catering from the best family of co-workers in the industry.

Yes, I would have had other memories, and other friends during the four years at a different university, but being back on my campus reminded me that my acceptance into this particular college, helped to make my life what it is today, and for that I am thankful.

While back at my university I was tempted to stop in one of my favorite restaurants to get their famous bongo bongo dip.  Many nights were spent at this restaurant...drunken and sober ones.

 I knew this treat would not only be enjoyable to me but also for my roommates. 


Although awful for my diet, this little treat definitely hit the spot.  If you are every in central PA, make sure to stop at BJs for Bongo Bongo Dip and their famous BJs Bomber (its a drink with 9 shots)

No comments:

Post a Comment