Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Superwoman

Do you ever see those women who seem to do it all? They are the successful business woman, daily bloggers, authors of children books, owner of a speciality product line,  the loving wife, best baker in town, never forgets a holiday or special occassion and seems to have it all together at every moment of the day! 

That's who I want to be! I cram my life full of activities and dinner parties. I use every free moment to organize events, meet with friends, run organizations and volunteer my time so that I can seem to do everything and be that superwoman we all admire...sadly, I don't have it all together.  I sometimes cheat when it comes to cooking, will be windexing the mirrors while brushing my teeth just to get it done in time.  I skip shaving to allow five extra minutes to pack my lunch for the day and will spend $50 on flowers for a friend or family member if I realized their birthday card is still sitting on my counter stampless.  Yes, I want to have it all together, no, I am only fooling myself to say that I do.  

Who do I look up to? 

Well for starters there is my mother.  She has had it together for years.  She is on every committee in our home town, used to run a gift shop in town, had a home cooked meal every night for us, attended all of our extracurricular activities, and never seemed to look tired or worn out.  I want to be like her...

Next in line is Pioneer Woman.  I read her blog daily, and always say to myself "HOW DOES SHE DO IT ALL?" She is a mother, a writer, a worker, a teacher, a loving wife, a blogger, a chef, and never seems to be stressed out at all.  Do I need to marry my cowboy to get it all together and still do it all?


Now, don't judge me by my next comment but most nights I want to be just like Bethenny Frankel.  She is successful, crazy, hilarious, loving, beautiful and still has it all together.  She has a man that loves her, a beautiful baby, she keeps her life going full speed ahead at all times, and is always taking on new opportunities or projects. 


Its sad that I strive to be this type of person, but this is what I live for. I want to be going 110 mph and still have time to cook a friend food. If I stare at an empty calendar I fill it up immediately.  I vow to live my life to the fullest and will even go as far to double book myself so that I am only getting back home at 1 a.m. and then still have projects to do at home.  Is this lifestyle crazy? yes! Does it stress me out? YES! But it is what I want out of life? YES! I want to be the next Pioneer Woman, Bethenny Frankel and my mother combined.  With a little bit of Oprah in there too (with out the Gale!)


Are there other wannabe superwomans out there  like me? Or am I a just crazy?



No comments:

Post a Comment