Friday, April 8, 2011

Day #10 & Day #11: Things I am grateful for

Sorry for the delay in grateful things post.  Yesterday I spent the entire day at work preparing for a possible government shutdown and then headed on the road to head to PA for a presentation at my college.  


(Thursday) Day #10: I am grateful for my car


Yes, my car gives me alot of headaches.  It costs me a ton of money, but it gets me where I need to go when I need to get there.  I forgot how much I loved driving through the countryside in Pennsylvania until Thursday evening when I was heading through the windy roads of central PA.  Driving in a familiar area brought back many memories of my childhood and college days.  I used to love driving to clear my head.  I am truly grateful to have the car in my life and although she has needed more "tune-ups" than Pamela Anderson, my Lady Liberty is one thing I am grateful to have.


(Friday) Day #11: I am grateful for my
college work family

Today I had the honor of returning back to my college to talk to a group of communication students about life after college and how to make it in their first job.  It was such an honor to be asked to participate and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time talking to the students.  However, the real highlight of my day was getting the opportunity to visit with my former co-workers from college.  During my college years I spent many hours a week at my job.  I had a passion for catering and I loved spending time with my co-workers.  

Every time I have an opportunity to stop by my college to visit with them it brings me so much joy to sit and catch up with them for a few moments.  They were like a second family to me during and always went out of their way to take care of me.  I would have been lost without them.  Today was a great day! It not only reminded me of all of the great people I have had in my life throughout the years, but it reminded me of how lucky I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment