Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No, those aren't butterflies in my stomach

Lately, I have been trying really hard to eat healthy.  Since lent began, I gave up dessert, which has significantly cut out sugar from my diet.  I also gave up fried foods and soda.  I have been feeling good lately and although I really miss those treats, I am happy to have them out of my life for a little bit and really hope to keep it up after Easter.  I jumped on the scale this morning and noticed I lost 4 lbs in the last week.  Its kind of hard to tell 4 lbs when you are significantly overweight, however, I have to start somewhere and it gave me motivation to keep up the good work.

The bad part is, I was at a educational/networking event last night and because it ran through dinner I had to snack on some of the appetizers there.  Unfortunately, they did some damage on my stomach and because I ate some things I am allergic to, I am paying for it all day long today.  My stomach is doing flips and not so happy with me right now...thank goodness for an excessive amount of restrooms at work! I think I learned my lesson to stick with the healthier living style with foods I can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment