Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Escapes

Happy Valentines Day!! I know, I know...everywhere you look there are ads for Valentines Day.  I hate it just as much as every other single woman in the world, however, when I was younger my parents used to treat Valentines Day like every other major holiday.  I can remember special breakfasts and dinners followed by gifts before bedtime.  Although most women prefer to call this "Singles Awareness Day," even at 26 my family still goes out of their way to make us feel special on this holiday.  


This weekend my mother, sister, cousins, aunt and I traveled to Hershey, Pennsylvania, "The Sweetest Place on Earth", for our annual girls weekend. Upon arriving, my cousin knew exactly what would make my day after the long drive from DC, a pomegranate martini! 




YUMMY!!!

In the morning, we set out for a fun afternoon of shopping at the outlets and a quick lunch before heading to the Hotel Hershey for a sweet escape! 



If you haven't been there before, I highly recommend it.  Its a great place to relax, unwind and better yet...eat as much chocolate as you want! (really, what could be better)
Can you believe you can even get a chocolate massage or take a bath in chocolate! HEAVEN!!!

After spending a few hours at the spa, we showered, freshened up and head to dinner.  I love meeting up with the girls in my family.  We somehow know how to turn an ordinary dinner into hours of laughter. We ate at this little restaurant in downtown Hummelstown called the Warwick Hotel (the locals call it the "Wick"). I ordered the crabcake with this special sauce on the side and did it ever hit the spot!  


Post dinner (after sharing two pieces of pie between the 7 of us at the table), we drove back to my cousin's for pjs and CAKEPOPS! 


I figured we couldn't have a girls weekend without a few red velvet, dark chocolate bites of joy.  Thanks Bakerella for the amazing recipe

All in all it was another amazing girls weekend! Can't wait to try and top it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment