Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Return to Sender: With Love

Have you ever gotten a little to close to someone where side jokes and witty comments start turning into jabs and hurtful remarks? I realized that many of times I lose control of my words with friends and end up saying things that start out as funny but slowly turn into sarcastic comments that could be taken hurtful by my loved ones.


This weekend a friend, that I have gotten all too comfortable with in conversation, shed some light on my recent remarks.  As a way to stop talking to each other in semi-hurtful (but joking) ways, we decided with every rude remark we must follow up with three compliments to each other.  It really makes you realize how often you slip in sarcasm when you are immediately following up the conversation with the compliments.


Just something to make you think about what you say and how you say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment