Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dinner with Friends

One of my recent new years resolution was to begin sharing a meal once a week with a friend.   This week I was lucky enough to share two different meals with some close friends.  On Tuesday I went to Carmines a NYC Italian restaurant that is all family style.  Trust me, when they say the portions are huge, they aren't kidding...Look at the size of these meatballs!


Tonight, I met up with two of my college friends for dinner at a local restaurant in Northern Virginia, Eventide.  Little did I know that there were two levels to this restaurant, the Lounge and the 2nd floor dining room.  To our surprise we had made the reservation for the 2nd floor dinning room by accident, a little fancier than expected.  However, this accidental reservation turned out to be one of the best meals I have had this winter. I had the rich and delicious Lobster and Winter Squash Gnocchi which was TO DIE for.  On a side note, its a perfect place for a date.  The large chandeliers that hang from the ceiling in between modern light fixtures create not only a romantic ambiance but also add a touch of class to the space. 

 I thought I was completely stuffed, but when Ann suggested walking to Crumbs for dessert we all agreed.  Wait to you see what we ordered...



 Ann ordered the Peanut butter and Chocolate cupcake and I opted for the Vanilla filled with Raspberries. Erica was the smart one who sampled a little of each.


 Had to show you the raspberry filling...I could only eat a few bites because it was so sweet, but it was the perfect ending to a fulfilling dinner. 

Now that I consumed approximately 8,000 calories in comfort food this week I need to squeeze in a longer workout over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment