Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Accidental 3-Way

Tonight I got some exciting news in the mail.  After waiting 6 weeks to find out the results of my recent certification exam, I finally got the letter in the mail.  I had been sick to my stomach since I left the exam room that fateful day in January and as I walked in the front door today there it sat on the foyer table.  After debating for 2 minutes on whether or not to open it, I ripped open the letter and slowly folded back at the crease.  


All I saw was one word: CONGRATULATIONS!


I was so ecstatic that I immediately tried calling my parents.  Bad news was neither were answering my text or phone calls.  What was going on? I wanted to share the good news with them, but I couldn't see them anywhere.  Since I was on such a high I decided to dial my grandparents instead. 


Let me prep the next part by saying I have had major difficulties with the calling feature on my smartphone. The sensitive touch screen and delayed dialing make it hard to place calls normally.  


After a few rings, my grandma, on my father's side, answered and we chatted for a bit about the weather and her health.  All of the sudden in the middle of the conversation my phone starts ringing.  


What was going on??? Had I lost my grandmother on the line??


Nope, my phone just decided to take matters into its own hand and start dialing in a second number.  My heart began to beat faster as my dark phone screen, that was now not responding to my touch, prevented me from seeing who was now being dialed into our conversation.  Enter Grandma Rose (my mother's mom). Talk about the most confusing three way conversation with two women over the age of 85.  I mean these women have no idea what cell phones are let alone three way calling.  To say the least it was the most amusing three minutes of my life. Between finding out I passed the test and having an accidental three way with my grandmothers it was turning out to be a very entertaining evening.


Side note, my parents were excited and my mom tried to celebrate with me over drinks via the phone.  Too cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment