Thursday, February 10, 2011

A series of small serendipities

Some of you may have noticed that although my blog address is Tall Cup of Love, the blog title is Serendipity.  And yes, like most women, the first thing they think about is the movie with John Cusack or the deliciously sweet restaurant in NYC (soon coming to D.C. ).  Of course, I am a fan, and I am embarrassed to say that I have watched the movie approximately 10 times over the years, however, I choose this blog title because of the meaning of the word Serendipity.  If you search it online you will find it is one of the hardest words to define.  Although it may be hard to settle on one exact way to define it, the overall meaning is: making fortunate discoveries by chance in a happy or beneficial way.  


We can certainly choose to live our lives to the fullest and hold onto every opportunity that passes our way, however, some of the best things in life are the discoveries, chance encounters, and series of events that happen to us without having them planned.  Most of the time these occurrences can be good things and those are the moments in life that we live for.  The overall theme of my blog is Serendipity.  Life is about chance encounters and random events.  Between the moments we plan for and the moments that come our way by chance, I will be blogging along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment