Thursday, February 10, 2011

FFH Countdown

When I was in college, my girlfriends and I decided we needed a name for the days where we were lazy, pigged out on junk food, and only left the house to go to the tanning salon.  My longtime roommate and friend came up with FFH meaning Fat F*cking Hogs.  We used to joke around and call ourselves that on our worst days when we needed to laugh.  The code name sort of stuck and anytime we wanted to use the phrase it made us all laugh and remember the good times of college. The problem was, I lived with 5 beautiful skinny, healthy, in shape girls. To this day, I still wouldn’t consider any of them FFHs, but sadly in my life that name is something I am saying to myself as I continue to bake up deliciously fattening treats for me and my current roommates.

Although the term is still a joke between us all, I decided to use it as a way to motivate myself for getting thin.  Yes, I would be considered the “fat friend” of the group.  You know the one girl everyone has in their circle that is larger than the rest.  Her personality is great and she is beautiful on the inside but let’s face it she has some junk in the trunk and her use of the word “curves” is kind of a subtle way of saying she has packed on a few pounds over the years.  Now that I am slowly approaching 30 years old (ok, I have a few years left but it feels like it is approaching sooner than later), I want to rid myself of those FFH moments and get fit and fabulous this year.  I have joined my local gym, trust me this was a HUGE step for me because I loath working out, I signed up for Weight Watchers, and most recently set a weight loss countdown on my phone.  It’s kind of hilarious to see the countdown.  When you pop open my phone the first thing you notice is a huge pink block in the center of the screen that reads: FFH Countdown, proceeded by the number of days left.   

Today’s countdown number? 114.  I have 114 days until the next wedding I am in and need to lose at least 30-40 lbs before then.  That makes I need to kick my butt into shape now.  Let the shedding of my FFH days begin....



maybe there are cute trainers at the gym???

No comments:

Post a Comment