Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fresh Starts

Greetings readers! (Or possibly at this moment lack there of)...however, by rolling out this new blog I hope to possibly generate some new readers who will turn into friends and followers.  I had tried blogging in the past but decided to start fresh. 

As I clenched my teeth on my blue pen today anxiously deciding my new blog address I stumbled upon this quote from the television show, The Wonder Years:

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
the things you are, 
the things you never want to lose.  

The quote reminded me that in the end your life is just a book of memories.  However, we all have the chance to write our life story and the memories, characters, and happily ever after are determined by how we live our life each day.  

I mean truthfully, on a normal day would you walk into your local coffeeshop and ask the the barista "Just give me a cup of anything".  Hopefully not.  Like most people we make decisions based on the emotions and feelings we want to get out of it.  You add a shot of espresso to help you get through the day, a generous helping of caramel to satisfy your sweet tooth, a dash of cinnamon to bring out the flavors of the beverage, all topped off with a dollop of whip cream to add a fun element to the top.  Tall Cup of Love, came from the theory that what I order for my life should be like ordering your morning coffee, filling it with all of the extra additions that make it more than just a cup of the same old boring cup of Joe.

We have all heard the expression, don't let life pass you by, and I couldn't agree with it more. Within the past 2 months I have done a lot of soul searching and "growing up".  I have realized I only get one shot at this life and I don't want to screw it up.  From now on, instead of just settling for what life throws at me, I am going to challenge myself to start ordering everything Tall Cup of Love style.  Filling up my cup with people, memories and experiences that I love.  

And sure, life is not perfect, I get that.  I am sure along the next 70 or 80 years I am bound to hit a few bumps in the road, but those curve balls give us a few funny stories to pass along to our kids right?

No comments:

Post a Comment