Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Happiness Project - Month #3

I am very please with how my Happiness Project has been going.  I have come to realize that analyzing aspects of my life and ways to become happier has force me to evaluate what I am currently doing that prevents me from being happier.  


This month is going to be a hard month for me, but is much needed.

Month #3
September
Finances...aka "Going from Shopaholic to Save-aholic"

This is not one of my favorite topics.  

I hate to talk about money. 

Mostly because I don't have any, and also because it seems like I am always struggling to pay bills and keep my debt down. I have realized money (or lack there of) has caused alot of stress and sadness in my life.  If I learn to get my wallet and bank account under control I might begin to realize that there can be happiness without millions of dollars (or even $5). 

It is not like this isn't realistic.  

I just need to train myself to live the lifestyle I can afford 
instead of the lifestyle I think I can afford.
  • Put myself on a strict budget
  • Freezing the credit card (maybe even literally)
  • Figure out a realistic payment plan for IOUs and Credit Cards
  • Eliminate over-spending
  • Find creative ways to be social without spending

No comments:

Post a Comment