Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chivalry is not completely dead

When I got on the metro this morning, my heart sank a little as I noticed a packed car, no empty seats and a back up of trains on the tracks.

Having just worked a 13 hour day last night and looking at a 12 hour day ahead of me, the thought of staying on my feet for one more second frightened me.

Although, I love my career as an event planner, long days on your feet followed by lack of sleep at night can begin to wear on you.

After two stops, I spotted a seat a few feet up. Although my eyes widened I knew the odds of me landing that seat were pretty slim.

Just then my knight in shining polyester turned and said, "Would you like to sit?"

I was so relieved and excited I could have hugged him. I forget sometimes that there are still nice guys out there.





No comments:

Post a Comment