Monday, September 5, 2011

Cheesecake Fix

Well, my first attempt at making cheesecake went well! It was actually was super easy and I highly recommend it for anyone if they are trying a recipe for the first time.  


From the kitchen of Rachael Ray: 










INGREDIENTS
1 cup crushed chocolate wafer cookies
4 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. gelatin
8 oz. room-temperature cream cheese
7 oz. condensed milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
Mix cookie crumbs with butter; press into 8-by-8- inch baking pan. Combine gelatin with 1 tbsp. water; let sit 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, condensed milk and peanut butter. Microwave gelatin 20 to 30 seconds to melt; beat into cream cheese mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill pan and freeze 20 minutes. Cut into bite-size squares.




The only thing I did differently was doubled the recipe and filled it for a 13x9 pan. I also refrigerated the cheesecake all day instead of freezing it.  Turned out great! Oh yeah, and I used Oreos for the crust. 
Only problem was that am still on my no chocolate month and couldn't try it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment