Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Its Ten on TUESDAY!! I looked forward to this all evening, and even though my work day will be longer than the amount of hours of sleep I got all weekend combined, I am excited to give you my answers.

1. Have you ever used Craigslist?
Yes, I have used it many of times from selling furniture and fitness equipment to purchasing concert tickets.  Craigslist also landed me my first DC job.  I don't know what I would do without it.  

2. Can you sew?
Sadly I am not an expert sewer.  Growing up we were forced to learn how to use a sewing machine however with lack of practice I have forgotten completely how to use one.  My grandmother was an excellent seamstress and mended all of our pants and dresses when we were young.  I have always wanted to follow in her footsteps.  This Christmas I am asking for a sewing machine to improve on my skills.  

3. Do you pour syrup on your pancakes or dip your pancakes in the syrup?
Pour it on...well rather I drench them in syrup.  Its part of the problem of me being overweight.  I didn't even know people dipped.  I wonder if one version is truthfully healthier than the other. I mean, in the end we are all eating the syrup which is bad for us anyway. 

4. Rain storms: Love them or hate them?
I LOOOOVE rain storms, especially in the summer.  I love to sit out on a covered porch and watch the rain.  Last year when I was at the beach we unfortunately experienced many nighttime rain storms, but it was beautiful to watch across the ocean.  I love summer rain, as long as I am not caught outside on my way to work.  

5. Do you like swimming?
I looove swimming. I don't get to do it much anymore, but when I was younger I felt like a fish in the water.  I never wanted to get out.  Growing up, I was on the swim team, had my own pool at home and practiced almost every day.  I miss having the convenience of a pool at my house and wish I had the opportunity to swim more.  I just don't want anyone else to see me in a suit.

6. What kind of drink do you order at Sonic?
Is is bad that I have only been to Sonic once? I was so overjoyed by my first experience, that I sadly only ordered a coke.  I was lectured later by friends that the key to going to Sonic is ordering a Limeade (?).  I will never make this mistake again.  However, the burger and tots were great!

7. Are you funny?
I laugh at myself more than others laugh at me.  I have a weird sense of humor and tend to use sarcasm a lot.  I think the sarcasm comes from hanging out my older brother too much.  I wish I were wittier at times, but the most important thing is I love to laugh. 

8. At what age will your kids get cell phones?
When they can drive.  I don't see the need for cell phones before a having a license.  However, I say that now and have no idea what technology in the future will be like.  What scares me is I type this with the knowledge that I will someday have kids, when even that is uncertain.  No matter what I know I will have a family, even if a husband does not come my way.  So with that, I stick with my rule of no cell phones until they can drive. I think that is pretty reasonable. 

9. What’s your favorite vegetable?
Hmmm this is a hard question since I really don't like vegetables that much.  However, I would have to say that corn might be my favorite.  I love corn on the cob and corn off the cob.  I love popcorn and candy corn.  (ok, those aren't so much vegetables....but...they are corn products).  

10. Were you a Girl Scout?
Yes! From a brownie to a Junior (?)...is it sad its been so long I can't even remember? Well, even though my memory is fading, there are certain girl scout songs I can still remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment