Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grateful Things

Day #34: (Monday) Today I was grateful for getting out of work 1 hour earlier than planned

Last night I had an event for work (I am an event planner, not sure if I have mentioned that before).  I had mentally planned on getting out at 12:30 a.m. however, with the help of some speedy caterers we were able to clean up and get out the door by 11 p.m. I was estatic since that meant I had more time to work on a wedding that I am planning.  The bad part was, I crashed before writing my grateful things. (sorry its a few hours late)

Day #35: (Tuesday) Today I was grateful for all of the teachers I had growing up

Today is Teacher Appreciation Day.  Thinking of all of the teachers I have had in my life makes me grateful for many things.  I am grateful for all of the activities we did, plays we created, books we read, and parties we threw.  More importantly my mother is a teacher, and I know how much she loves what she does.  She had to take a 20+ year break on teaching so that she could raise her family, however, in the last year she has been able to get back to doing it.  The joy I see come from her stories and new experiences is enough to make me realize she loves what she does.  THANK YOU to all of the Teachers out there, including my mother, my aunt, my cousin, and one of my best friends from childhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment