Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Cleaning

This weekend I was caught off guard by running into an ex.  I have tried to keep my distance from him after our breakup because of all of the pain that came with that negative relationship.  After seeing him I again put my wall up and became bitter.  To clean out my mind I decided today would be dedicated to spring cleaning...a mental detox.

Pillow Talk
First up was my bed.  I figured the best way to start FRESH for May was to get rid of my old sheets and pillows and start new on my bed.  I absolutely love my comforter so I just chose sheets to match instead of getting rid of the comforter as well.  Can you believe I had the same body pillow since college. YUCK!! Bye, bye, body pillow, and hello new sheets! I can't wait to sleep in them tonight

Primping
I decided that my bitter and bad attitude had to go.  Running into the ex was emotionally draining to me and I decided I needed a few minutes just to myself.  I went to get a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed.  It felt amazing and it was exactly what I needed to start fresh for the new month.  

Window Washer
I am not even sure the last time I windex my windows.  Although I feel like a 45 year old pulling out the screens and cleaning the actual windows, it helped to bring in fresh light into my room, something much needed for May. 

Three loads of laundry later, $80 spent at target on beauty and household products, and 1 clean bedroom later, I feel alot better about my attitude. If only now I could take back all of the negative things I may have said this weekend in anger.  OOPs, sorry friends..






No comments:

Post a Comment