Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. What is the weather like in your city today?
Today is going to be hot and humid in DC.  Highs in the 80s.  When I walked outside this morning, it felt so good to have the sun beaming down on me. Thank goodness I work in a building where the temperature is always super cool.

2. Do you like the zoo?

I love going to the zoo.  The nice thing about DC is the zoo is free, so you can go as many times a year as you want, when you want.  I love taking new people to the zoo. Seeing all of the animals is so exciting and captivating.  


3. Do you eat coconut?
I am not a fan of coconut.  I am very much a person who likes food based on texture and coconut seems very odd to me.   I think coconut is one of those, "you either love or hate" type of foods.  


4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
When I moved into my first apartment after college, I had to fend for myself in terms of decorating and building new furniture.  I became independent during my first year out of college.  Although I used the hammer often, I will not say that I am necessarily good at it.  Still mastering that part.

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?

When I was growing up, Family Vacations was almost like Christmas time.  We weren't the pack up the car and head to the beach type of family.  My mom and dad always wanted to take us on a once in a lifetime experience, whether it be white water rafting, dog sledding, riding the streets of Hollywood searching for stars, or turning college visits into an educational vacation.  I have very fond memories of my childhood family vacations, and although we don't have one destination spot we went to, I had the opportunity to experience alot more than most people I grew up with.  I am grateful for the vacations my parents took us on.

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?

Up until Sunday, I slept with two pillows and a body pillow.  However, after realizing I have had the body pillow since college, I realized it was time to clean house.  I now sleep with 4 new pillows! :)


7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

After hitting the snooze button multiple times, I either grab my phone and check my email, or pull myself to my computer desk to empty out my inbox.  Its a habit now, not a good habit, but it helps to to know what I have ahead of me for the day.


8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?

I actually never thought about this, however, I want my kids to appreciate the outdoors as much as I do, so I think summer camp is a good thing to send them off to. 


9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?

Just butter.  I love potatoes and don't try to over kill them with anything.  However, if bacon, cheese and sour cream are available, I don't think I would turn them down :)


10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?

Thanks again to those parents of mine, they wanted us to be the best we could be, and  we were little fishes from before I can remember.  I believe we started lessons around the age of 4 or 5.  All of my siblings (including myself) were on the swim team, and we were one of the few families in town to have a swimming pool at our house.  I grew up in the water and still love it to this day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment