Monday, May 23, 2011

Engagements, V-cards, and ice cream

For a Monday, my day was quite jammed packed with information and surprises.

First things first, I know I haven' t been that good with posting lately.  I have no one to blame but myself.  This month I have been having an out of body experience. Its like I see myself living each day but I am not all there when I am doing anything.  I am not sure what caused the funk.  I started the month out great and it slowly turned into a whirl wind of the month flashing before my eyes.

But before I get into the downer stuff, today was a full day of exciting news.  I went to see Sugarland last night, and by the way, they were amazing. If you haven't seen them in concert you must go!

I woke up at 6:50 am and right before hoping in the shower got a phone call from a friend in Boston.  Although it was shocking that she was calling me so early, I thought nothing of it and picked up the phone.  To my surprise she was calling to tell me she was engaged! I was excited for her.  She has been waiting for this moment for so long and her fiancĂ©e is one of the kindest men I have ever met.  They are a match  made in heaven.




Later in the day a SHOCKING email from one of my best friends came through.  She announced that she had finally done the dead with her boyfriend.  I know, not that shocking to most, but I was so happy for her.  She has been waiting so long for the perfect man after finally meeting her match she felt comfortable enough to give away her v-card.





During the day, something inside of me changed from a good mood to sour.  Its no secret that this month I have been slightly more bitter than ever. I think it is because of my recent encounter with my ex.


The one I resent.

The one that ruined me for life.

 I can't help but still hate him for ruining me.  I hate that he turned me into a bitter human being that questions love, marriage, and soul mates.  But, I hate him most for entering my life all together.  My ex "C" has told me that he feels "B" damaged my life for a reason.  That we don't know why yet but that someday I will see the reason I was put into that awful situation.  I wish that were true.

Sadly, in the last 5 years I have been turning to food to comfort me when I was down.  Tonight I went and got ice cream after a LARGE dinner.  As I walked back to my car with my soft serve swirl ice cream, a girl went jogging past me.  Way to rub it in God.  I get it, I should have been working off my anger.  I hope tomorrow my bad mood goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment