Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grateful Weekend

I was behind on my Grateful Things posts.  It was a crazy weekend and I knew I wouldn't get a chance to catch up on them until today.

Friday: Day #31: Today I was Grateful for the work week to be over
Its been a rough few weeks at work for me.  I am struggling to figure out my future and wondering if the job I am in, is helping me get to where I want to be.  When Friday was over, I was so happy to start the weekend and stop thinking about work.


Saturday: Day #32: Today I was Grateful for Volunteering
Last year I had the opportunity to help with Hands on DC, a charity organization that dedicates one day a year to clean up DC schools in the metro area.  This year I helped by painting bathrooms at a high school.  It felt great to volunteer and spend my Saturday morning doing something productive.  I was grateful to have this opportunity.

Sunday: Day #33: Today I was Grateful for Sunday
I love Sundays.  Its my day to catch up on life and relax at the same time.  I have a mental to-do list of different things I need to get done, and I spend Sundays banging them out.  Its sort of my prep day for the week but also my winding down day from the week past.  I love Sunday mornings and evenings.


Sunday: Day #33: Today I was Grateful for the Troops

It was just announced this evening that Osama Bin Laden is finally dead.  Americans and American troops have been struggling for 10 long years to bring justice to what happened in 2001.  Today, the president confirmed to all Americans that Bin Laden is dead.  We are eternally grateful to the troops for fighting each and every day for our safety.  We sometimes forget how many hours a days are spend at war for our country.  Thank you, to all of the troops out there fighting for us.  


"You have our everlasting gratitude"

No comments:

Post a Comment