Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Grateful Things

So, I have been a little behind in my grateful things posts.  I have been so grateful for things in my life the last week and I want to update things I have been grateful for:

Last Wednesday; Day 36: I was grateful for a few hours by myself in the office
Sometimes it nice to just get some work done in the office when you are all alone.  Today my boss left early and I was able to just blast some music and get work done with complete silence.  Its night to get a few hours each day like this.

Thursday; Day 37: I was grateful for Alcohol
Yes, I like alcohol.  No, I am not an alcoholic.  Today was a very stressful day and I needed a night of drinks to help wash away all of the crappy things bothering me. I know I shouldn't turn to alcohol, but it was just one of those days and man did it feel good.

Friday; Day 38: I was grateful for weekend visitors.  
Today a "friend" (we will call him V) that I haven't seen in 9 months was coming to visit.  Its hard to say what our "relationship" is, but lets just say, I couldn't wait to see him and just run and hug him.  From the moment I saw him that night my night was complete.  I hate that I have to wait another 9-12 months to see him.

Saturday; Day 39: I was grateful for spending a friend's birthday with them
Today I was reminded how special some of my friends are in my life.  It was one of my good friend's birthday and all he wanted to do in the afternoon was go play mini golf.  Him, his roommate and I went out on the gorgeous day to play one round and it was the perfect afternoon.  I was so grateful that he asked me to join him on his special day.

Sunday; Day 40: I was grateful for meeting new friends through old friends
Since my friend, V, came into town on Friday, I have been introduced to a few of his DC friends that I never hung out with before.  It was really refreshing to meet new people in the city whom I have never met before.  I am hoping these connects will continue to increase even after our weekend visitor leaves.

Monday; Day 41: I was grateful for long goodbyes. 
Today was the last day that V was in town.  Although we have never and probably will never define what we have together, it was so nice to have a few days with him.  I dreaded saying goodbye but knew that the time would come.  Monday was his last day in town so I called in sick, headed to the golf course with him and then proceeded to spend the entire afternoon hanging out with him and friends at the bar.  If I am forced to say goodbye to someone I would rather have it be a long drawn out fun filled day of happiness than a quick huge goodbye.  I was so grateful for this weekend with him.

Tuesday; Day 42: I was grateful for being able to take 20 minutes for lunch
I normally don't take a lunch hour at work.  Today I wanted just a few minutes of fresh air and decided to run across the street to grab a sandwich.  I was really happy to do this "me" time during the work day.

TODAY; Day 43: Today I was grateful for the opportunity to play for free in a golf tournament
An organization that I am affiliated with hosted a golf tournament outside of the city.  Normally it was a few hundred dollars to play, and I had hoped for months I would be picked up by a sponsor.  Thankfully I was placed on someone's team and had the opportunity to play for free.  After a great day, I can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment