Monday, August 29, 2011

DETOX

Last week I decided to challenge myself on something, and boy has it been a challenge.  As part of my 101 things to do in 1001 days I wanted to see if I could go one month without chocolate.  As of August 24, my challenge began.  Not only did I give up chocolate for a month, but soda too.  


Of course this weekend, I did whatever any sane person would do after giving up chocolate, I made brownies for my roommates.  Talk about torture!! I literally had to leave the house the brownies smelled so good. I am hoping a month of giving up chocolate and soda will help me to cut them out of my life all together.  Not only are they a cause to my weight gain, but being allergic to Aspartame does not make eating these things very enjoyable. 


I have to say, seeing the plate of brownies in the kitchen and staying strong by ignoring them has helped me feel a little more empowered by my decision.  Maybe next week I should line soda cans up in the hallway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment