Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bridesmaid Bookcamp

It's August!


It's actually 11 days into August already! 


Where has the time gone? 


It hit me earlier this week as I got back into my normal routine that we are closer to the end of the year than from the beginning, which means I have a lot of events coming up:


September: 5 year college reunion


October: Visit to Chicago to see my brother, sister-in-law, and one of my best friends.


December: Home for the holidays seeing lots of old familiar faces


March: I am going to make my debut as a wedding planner


June: Three weddings to attend: 2 of which I am in.


August: 10 year high school reunion


Lets face it. I am SIGNIFICANTLY overweight and have been whining about it for years now instead of doing something.  


I have a lot of important things coming up and I am sick of being the fat friend, always a bridesmaid, the larger older sister, the one who is "curvy". 


Although I don't want this blog to turn into my own version of "Bridget Jones' Diary" I hate to admit even she would gasp at my starting weight and the journey ahead.  


(its not hard to pick me out of the photo. Hint: I am not black)


So, with weddings and reunions on my brain I want to start my pathway to losing weight today.  


Its time to rethink what I eat, drink, and how active I am.  


Guess I better start setting the alarm clock for 5:00 a.m. to hit the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment