Tuesday, August 23, 2011

27 years later....

I got a text first thing this morning from my mother that brought me to tears.  It read:

27 years ago I cried tears of joy because I was given a beautiful daughter.  You have given me much happiness. Happy Birthday.  

Its hard to believe 26 years of my life have already passed by.  As I celebrate my 27th birthday today, I have begun to reflect back on alot in my life and am ready to make certain changes to start new adventures.  Over the last month I have been contemplating on starting over.  Starting fresh, moving out of DC and getting a new job somewhere else.  I made the decision that this will be my last year in DC (unless a series of strange events occur and change my life in a new way). Somewhere deep inside of me I have a good feeling about my 27th year.  I feel as though alot of good will come my way and alot of personal changes will occur. 

Starting tomorrow I am giving up chocolate and soda.  I am going to try and give them up for atleast a month to get my health back in order.  Along side of that is working out.  Tomorrow at 6 a.m. I will hit the gym and try to get my weight under control.  2012 has so many celebrations and reunions to look forward to.  I want to make sure that I am happy with myself before sharing the happiness with others. 

I look forward to closing my 26th year and starting a new one today. Another year to figure out what I want in life, and possibly find someone to share this life with.  I am so grateful for the friends in my life, and the memories I have made over the years. I am excited for this birthday because I see it as a way to recharge my batteries and gear up for the next exciting chapter.  I am ok with being closer to 30 than 20.  I am just happy to be alive and be excited to live.  And that is what I am going to do with this next year.  Live as much as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment