Sunday, July 24, 2011

A walk on the wild side


As you know, I grew up in Pennsyltuckey and spent most of my childhood not knowing what Starbucks, Abercrombie, or rush hour traffic were.  

Now I live in DC and I take the metro to work, push through the tourists on a daily basis, and spend more time surrounded by cars and people than trees.  

However, every once in a while I still crave that outdoor atmosphere.  Its always good to get away and clear your lungs, breath in the fresh air and appreciate the world around us, outside of the hustle and bustle.  



Great Falls, is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Beltway. 


Amy, is the best person to cheer you up when you are having a bad day!


And we couldn't go without her awesome fiance! How cute are they?
I can't wait until they finally tie the knot 


Although we were away from the city...
occasionally we had to check our phones.
 


The water was so beautiful.  


I swear I picked the hottest day to take this adventure. 


I was tempted to jump in for a swim, and then remembered although we are outside, this is still the Potomac, and not the cleanest water.




Amy was more adventurous than I...even scaled the rock wall (sort of)


Elliot found the perfect spot in the tree for his iPhone.
Wait, did iPhones come from tree? 


A small part of me wanted to believe this was carved in 1932...but then I realized that might not be true.

Our mini adventure was the perfect medicine for me.  I am so lucky that Amy and Elliot were up for my crazy idea. Despite the heat it was the best day!

Next time we are bringing friends and cooking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment