Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

I am notorious for avoiding doctors. 


Its funny that I grew up in a family full of those in the medical profession, but something about me avoids going regularly to a doctor.  It had been a while since I had gotten a routine physical, blood work, urine test, or even seen the gyno, but since I am trying to stay on the path for the Happiness Project, I took the initiative of setting up doctors appointments today from the dentist, to the general practitioner,even stopping at the Gyno. 


Before I could even get my foot out the door today, I woke up with a shooting pain in my back.  My ugly annual kidney stone reared its head and decided to remind me that for the next few days I will suffer in pain until this passes.  Although I was having difficulty getting out of bed or even getting comfortable I tried suffering through all of my appointments until I could finally get a prescription at the end of the day.  I am "comfortable" now after popping a few pills and decided it was time to catch up on my blog, something that I have let go for a few months now.  


Seeking out medical help today reminded me that our health is a big part of feeling energized and happy.  I have been trying to eat healthier, drink less alcohol, and stay strict on the supplements that help get my body back in check.  July was a great month to focus on the health portion of my life and now all I need to do is kick my butt back to the gym...however, I might wait until AFTER this stone passes!


Nothing like straining your pee everytime you go :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment