Monday, July 25, 2011

Sick of being Sick

Since last Thursday I have been out of work, home and sick.  Unfortunately for the 5th time in my life, I have been bed-ridden for kidney stones.  Let me tell you, if you haven't had them before, they are not fun.  They are the most painful thing I have ever experienced.  I am talking about laying on the hospital waiting room floor, making grunts and groaning like a child.  Kidney stones can bring a grown man to his knees, and for me, its unfortunately something I struggle through every year.  


Sadly, this time around I got an infection with the stone and it had me sicker than a dog (and in pain).  I went to the ER twice this past weekend and was so sick, that my mother drove 5 hours from PA to come take care of me.  After much needed meds and rest, I am sick of being sick and am going to work tomorrow even if I have to dope myself up on pills to get there.  Its too boring at home.  Hopefully next week's vacation to the beach is the right medicine for me.  


Redbox, you can thank me later for the millions of DVDs I have rented.

No comments:

Post a Comment