Monday, June 27, 2011

The Happiness Project

This weekend at Barnes and Noble, I decided to try a book off of their recommended reading shelf.  To my surprise I kept finding myself going back to a book by Gretchen Rubin, entitled, The Happiness Project. 

Within the first 10 pages, I knew this was the perfect book for me during this time of my life.  If you haven't heard of it before, I recommend running to your nearest book store and picking up a copy.  She won't let you down.  No, I am not depressed, but yes, I am not as happy as I would like to be, and Gretchen, the author was in the same place when she wrote the book.  I haven't connected this much with a book in my entire life.

I have gone through many personal struggles within the last 3 years and after a weekend at home to clear my head, I realized I need to take charge of my life.  The best way to do it? By starting my own Happiness Project.   It will take the course of one year to finish the project, just like Gretchen outlines in the book. 

I have started a page in my blog dedicated to this project and will update it with my twelve commandments to follow along with, as well as a recap of each of the months, however, to follow along with my daily activities, I will be updating them in this blog. 



And so my personal Happiness Project begins:


Month #1
July
Health/Energy 

It is known to me, my friends and my family that the item in my life that I spend the least amount of time on is my health.  To start off on the right foot, I will work on my Health and Energy levels first. Follow along through my daily blogs on this. 

My goals for this month:
  • Start working out
  • Go to the doctor
  • Revamp my meal plans
  • Increase energy
I have already gotten a jump start on planning for July.  I just got off the phone with my doctor, gyno, and dentist and scheduled appointments for this month.  On top of that, I made myself a calendar just for workouts and have scheduled them in so that I have can erase any excuse from my book.  Just like Gretchen describes, I will go no more than two days without exercising.  Hopefully all of this will help to increase my energy level as well.   

And so begins my journey in finding the ultimate level of happiness..

No comments:

Post a Comment